Mrs. Radcliffe’s Reads Guest Post
Guest Post topic: 7 Things You Learned by Writing Praefatio
I learned a LOT while reading PRAEFATIO!
1. Your first idea is not always your best idea. Let ideas percolate and settle before jumping in to write them. This can save you a LOT of rewriting in the long-term.
2. Lots of people believe in angels or demons or some kind, but do not necessarily believe in God.
3. You can write a character you hate and still love his or her’scontribution to the story.
4. Get a second opinion or two on your work before sending it out.
5. Even though a trope has been done thousands of times, there is always an opportunity to learn something new and add your own flare to it.
6. It’s OK to write a book out of order. I wrote the first chapter last.
7. RESEARCH is key and sometimes, Google will not be enough. For an authentic-reading book, get experts and professionals to help you.
Thanks for having me on our blog!
Thank you for writing for us, Georgia!